GTX560 Ti OC'ers come on in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizted_3kgt

Daemon Poster
I did some playing around with overclocking my EVGA 560Ti SC and figured out I could up the voltage and squeeze out more clock speed. I'm curious as to what results others have had overclocking this card, specifically in regards to the memory overclock. I just 'jumped' the memorly clock up to 2300 and tested it out. No issues so far with the voltage at 1.125v (stock is 1.062v), having tested an hour or so in BFBC2. I'm weary of raising the voltage further as it maxes out at 1.150v. The only ill effects I've seen so far of the voltage increase is a 5*C increase in temperature at idle and furmark burn in load (now 35C/80C). Trying to get an idea of how much further I can push this thing, and other's results are hard to come by.

I'm currently up to 990/2300. 1000/2150 caused it to crash after 15 minutes of BFBC2 so I think 990 is about all I can get.

From my experience and others I've read you don't get as much of an improvement OCing the memory compared to increasing the core/shader. Some are great overclockers, some are not. Unfortunately mine is not. But I'm receiving a second one for SLI on Friday :big_grin:

The highest I've been able to OC is 1000/2100/2000. I never tried higher than that. It was more of a suicide run than finding a stable clock. I used 1.1v

From my experience and others I've read you don't get as much of an improvement OCing the memory compared to increasing the core/shader. Some are great overclockers, some are not. Unfortunately mine is not. But I'm receiving a second one for SLI on Friday :big_grin:

The highest I've been able to OC is 1000/2100/2000. I never tried higher than that. It was more of a suicide run than finding a stable clock. I used 1.1v

Yeah I've noticed that trend as well. With my last card (8800GT) I got big gains from overclocking the shader clock and only minimal gains from the memory. To be quite honest, the only difference I see between stock core clock of 900/2106 and the OC'd 990/2300 is 2-4 fps in the graphics tests of 3DMark11. It did raise the score another 50 points even while at a lower CPU clock (3.3ghz) than my previous highest run, but for most part I just want to squeeze out what I can for the sake of getting the most I can out of it.

Be sure to post up your benchmark results in SLI! I will likely go that route in the near future.

I cant get my card over 950 without errors in 3dmark11, though i havent tweaked my voltages.
With a little volt you can possibly get a stable 1000.

Yeah I've noticed that trend as well. With my last card (8800GT) I got big gains from overclocking the shader clock and only minimal gains from the memory. To be quite honest, the only difference I see between stock core clock of 900/2106 and the OC'd 990/2300 is 2-4 fps in the graphics tests of 3DMark11. It did raise the score another 50 points even while at a lower CPU clock (3.3ghz) than my previous highest run, but for most part I just want to squeeze out what I can for the sake of getting the most I can out of it.

Be sure to post up your benchmark results in SLI! I will likely go that route in the near future.
I was thinking about that. While OCing and benching there is only an extra frame or two gained from the OC. Now I just run it at stock 880/1760/2100. It's not really worth the extra heat and trouble, for me at least. But I do like to OC for the fun of it. If I can stabilize 1000 I'd leave it at that.

Will post up for sure on the SLI scores. I can't wait.

I cant get my card over 950 without errors in 3dmark11, though i havent tweaked my voltages.

Is yours a SC version? I know the SC's are supposed to be better overclockers. At the stock voltage anything over 950 causes driver crashes in BFBC2 for mine.

With a little volt you can possibly get a stable 1000.

I was thinking about that. While OCing and benching there is only an extra frame or two gained from the OC. Now I just run it at stock 880/1760/2100. It's not really worth the extra heat and trouble, for me at least. But I do like to OC for the fun of it. If I can stabilize 1000 I'd leave it at that.

Will post up for sure on the SLI scores. I can't wait.

That was my thought as well, if I could get 1000 stable I would leave it alone. 990 seems to be perfectly stable at this voltage, but I still have the urge to crank the voltage more and go for a stable 1000.

I should correct my first post, my temps actually didn't change at all with the voltage increase, I had turned my fan down yesterday and completely forgot about it. Still idling at 29C and load peaks at 75C.

Same, my 260's and 8800 gt got huge boosts, but theses fermis are crippled I think.

Certainly seems that way doesn't it.

Eek, I finally got Crysis to install (was having issues) and now things are crashing for me lol. 1000 is not possible for me, had the voltage maxed and insta-crash. 990 crashes after 2-3 minutes. 980 crashes after about 15 minutes. All the while temps were below 75C, so it's not a heat issue. The gpu just can't operate properly at those speeds, at least with the factory voltage limit.

I could probably play with the memory overclock which is probably excessive and find a sweet spot, but it's only a couple fps difference. Not worth the time. I'm going to go back to 950 with the stock mem clock and voltage and leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom