Grinding Harddrive?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

viviffx

Baseband Member
OK another problem with my new build...... well i have a seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB and its been grinding none stop since i installed it i am running windows 7. It grinds while idling not alot but a little here and there. Any time my web broswer is open grinding... programs(grinding). Pretty much everything. As I type atm grinding. What are some solutions to this problem? I am up for anything or is it defective?

Sounds like a write head is crashing and hitting the disk platter. This is a physical issue and if it's new the drive should be RMA'ed.

Ok thanx for the posts guys but to be honest not sure what any of that means?!?! But it sounds as you guys are stating that my harddrive meet be fine in my own words, but i need to do some adjusting maybe...

On the contrary there is something wrong with the drive. I agree with Lexluthar, if it is still under warranty you should get it replaced.

No matter what I would operate under the assumption that the drive may be dying and back up any data you don't ant to risk losing.

ok sounds good i just bought the thing 2 weeks ago sigh its a 3-hour round trip to return but ill have to get it done asap and hopefully that fixs it. thanx again guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom