Graphics Dilemma (that how u spell it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_mapn00b

Solid State Member
A few questions in here i need answered so here it goes...

Ok my 6600 just suddenly stopped working... My screen is working fine but when it plugs into the video card it recognises its pluged in but shows up nothing...the card also makes funny noises that sound like a retarded chicken 0_o.I've checked everything else and the pc's working fine, just the stupid graphics card. I've been wanting to upgrade for a couple of months, but I want to wait untill the DX10 graphics drop in price(anyone know when middle end 8000 range cards coming out?). So now I have to get something reasonbly cheap that will still run everything half decently. I think I'm going to go for an Albatron 7600 GS as its on $150 (AU), but can it run a 22" screen @ 1680 x 1050? My other options are a XFX 7600 GT ($215) or a 7900 GS ($290), but I'd really prefer not to spend much at all. A few questions there, any answers/opinions?

lol I knew that would be what people would say... but I really can't afford it. Lets say I get the 7600 GS, will it run a 22" screen at high resolution with medium gfx? I dont mind not having anti-antialising and all that just as long as its 40 frames + per second and it looks alright.

Lol doesnt matter anyway anymore... jsut went out and got XFX 7600 GT... god XFX make good looking cards. Anyway it works and performs brilliantly for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom