graphics cards - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2016, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default graphics cards

OK, i KNOW this isn't the right terminology, but when i saw this... http://www.newegg.com/special/shells...NAZ21haWwuY29t ....
i thought to myself, i wonder where is the "break even point" in performance. between the Intel HD 530 graphics built into my 6th gen i5 6500, and a lower end graphics card. i have never seen a side by side comparison between ANY graphics card and built in graphics on any processor. and the step up from the graphics in my old core 2 duo to the 6500 was huge, even to my old eyes. i also KNOW i (at this time) do not NEED a graphics card, but i may want to upgrade at some point.

Old 07-18-2016, 01:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: graphics cards

The IGP is faster than a GT 720.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default Re: graphics cards

i guess that does not surprise me to much. just the price says a lot. if i wasn't going to update my daughters computer, i would entertain it for her core 2 duo. but its time to retire that one as well.