Graphics card upgrade for 500w PSU

Ru Ru

Solid State Member
Hey people!

Right, as you can understand I got a 500w psu and my grapchics card is gtx 560ti. I'm leaning to getting a new one, more powerful and quiter one. Maybe not yet, but in a year time. The card is about 3/4 years old so it's getting to the point were upgrade would be required.

Now I don't really know what cards I can run on 500w psu and if I should just buy a new PSU and go for a gtx 770. Or I should wait for ATI card? There are a lot of options on the market. Want to hear your opinions!

My budgets is about £300 for the card. I would spend about £70 one a new psu if I need too. Since I really don't wan to change psu cos of all the hassle with cabling and removing everything xD lol

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.
But my question is why 280x and not gtx 770? What is your reason for going for that card. I'm open minded when it comes to graphics cards.

Also I can't keep the current psu and go for a 280x right? I need to upgrade regardless or what high end card I choose?

I didn't know if the UK had received the Nvidia price drops yet, and I'm going to naturally assume the 280x is going to still be slightly cheaper. Both are good cards, but if you're like me and prefer Nvidia drivers then the 770 is fine too.

For either card, that depends entirely on what kind of PSU you have.

Back
Top Bottom