Graphics Card Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm after looking around and after coming across a low profile Galaxy 8600GT I was prepared to buy that until I found out it was difficult to have it delivered to where I live so just by chance I came across an MSI version so I'm delighted with that. Thanks for all the help anyway guys!

I have another question regarding the heat of the MSI 8600GT card. Apparently it uses 30 watts of power and as I mentioned earlier I have a 250 watt PSU. The temperature of my case seems cool now but I'm not sure what it will be like with another 30 watts added on. MSI have drivers with the card that overclock it for extra performance but I might not risk that as I obviously want to keep it as cool as possible. In the link there some guy says that his PC is running Ok with the normal Nvidia drivers installed and he has a 160 watt PSU so surely I should be OK? Any help is appreciated.

I wouldn't worry about overclocking it.

Keep an eye on your temps... if they run high, we'll see about what you can do to get better in/out air circulation. i doubt that it will pump out a lot of heat, though.

I wouldn't worry about overclocking it.

Keep an eye on your temps... if they run high, we'll see about what you can do to get better in/out air circulation. i doubt that it will pump out a lot of heat, though.

Thanks. Is there an ideal temperature I should be looking for if I have a 250watt PSU?

Thanks. Does anyone have any tips regarding fitting a graphics card? Is there anything I should take into account that's important as I've never fitted anything in PC before?

Be sure to touch metal before you touch any parts to ground yourself.

Take your time. If you get in a hurry you are more apt to make a mistake.

Steady and even pressure. Don't shove or jerk anything.

If something is not lining up, stop and take a step back to think. It's better to take your time than get frustrated.

Odds are you won't have any problems at all.

Be sure to touch metal before you touch any parts to ground yourself.

Take your time. If you get in a hurry you are more apt to make a mistake.

Steady and even pressure. Don't shove or jerk anything.

If something is not lining up, stop and take a step back to think. It's better to take your time than get frustrated.

Odds are you won't have any problems at all.

Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom