Graphics card problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok.. yes the watch looking battery can be pulled... BUT first put in your old card. turn on your machine and make sure you get into windows safe mode (F8 before you see the windows logo) once in safe mode... UNINSTALL your video drivers. also make sure you uninstall any ATI console programs. once you do that... restart your machine... don't power it off... reset the system...

Once that's don... turn off your machine... NOW pull the battery... and replace the video card with you new one. but still wait about 20 minutes before you put the battery back in. that should do it... once you get logged on... then you can load the Nvidia drivers..

Just want to ask im a bit confused by the "once you do that... restart your machine... don't power it off... reset the system... " bit.??

Once you uninstall the drivers the system will have to be restarted so it can "reset" if you turned it off and then swapped out the cards, you run the risk of having a conflict cause it still might see the ATI drivers. plus being out of safe mode, everything will load up normally... All drivers, etc... in safe mode not everything loads... hence the "reset" :)

Hi thanks for your help i will try in a minute....just out of interest what does removing the bettery actually do?

It resets the cmos and bios back to factory defaults. It's the basic settings that your motherboard run use prior to interfacing with the operating system.

Hi i just went into safe mode to remove the ati software but it says it cant be removed in safe mode and when i went to uninstall the display drivers the system froze until i tried to close it and then it was fine.

ok then... uninstall them in normal windows mode... You should be able to from there. but I do have a question? Is this a pre-built system or one you built? If it's a pre-built (HP, Dell, Conpaq, etc...) You might not be able to uninstall with those builds... but anyway.. try to do it in normal mode and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom