graphics card/power question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nono14329

Solid State Member
ok so i want to get the 9800 gtx card, but i want to make sure i have enough power.
my psu is 650w. is that enough to handle this card? i only have a mouse and a keyboard plugged in, and not much extra inside, just an aftermarket sound card

You need a 450w psu with 26amps on the 12v rail. You should be just fine.

A link to your actual psu would be great to make 100% sure but unless you have a real bad one you will have enough juice.

You need a 450w psu with 26amps on the 12v rail. You should be just fine.

A link to your actual psu would be great to make 100% sure but unless you have a real bad one you will have enough juice.

here it is
||||||||||
Ultra LSP650 650-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, SLI-Ready, 135mm Fan, Lifetime Warranty at TigerDirect.com

where are you buying the card from and for how much? you might be able to get a better card for the same amount.

im not positive thats the one i want to get, its around 120 on newegg or tiger..

any suggestions that would be better than that? i dont really want a radeon card either, unless its really a lot better for the price.

My $25 500-watt power supply handles my 9800gtx just fine, that's including the hybrid SLI with the onboard 8400. You should be all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom