Graphics card for my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

test dummy

Solid State Member
Hey, Ive always wanted to play some games on my PC but it cost so much to do so, and I did not have enough to buy a good gaming computer so im looking for a new graphics card because im having a problem. I have the game counter strike source ( I think everyone knows about it) And well I put in the disc blah blah, go to play online and when Im playing the screen is lagging intensly that I cannot play, Like one second im in one spot and the next Im facing a wall or dead or whatever. Now I know it is not my connection because the Ping level is reall really good. Ive heard it was my graphics card. I have a Dell 5150. So can anyone recommend a graphics card like $80 or less thanks

What kind of Dell 5150? I found an Inspiron 5150.... Is that it?

Posting some specs will help out a lot more as far as answering your question goes :D

you'd probably be better off upgrading your RAM to a gig atleast. You'd just have to play on lower settings.

It is not the Inspiron. Its not a LapTop. Here are some of the specs:
Windows XP
Intel{R}
Penium 4
CPU 3.00GHz 2.99GHz
248 MB of Ram

Apparently there is a Dell Inspiron 5150 Laptop and Desktop, because I did a search, and I found this, which lists a Dell Inspiron 5150 Notebook Battery. >.>

Anyways, I'd upgrade ram to at least 512MB, preferably a gig. I'm pretty sure this will fit into your computer, however I'd wait for someone else (preferably with a post count higher than 200) to confirm this.

He said it's not the inspiron and it's not a lap top, so I don't know. but yeah you'd be much better off upgrading from 256 mb of RAM, that's easily your main problem.

Oh! Sorry, I misread it. I've been having a horrible day. There are no Inspiron laptops, as most of you probably know (and were wondering what I was thinking...).

Could it be a Dell Dimension 5150? That's the only other 5150 Dell I saw...

If that's the case, go with this RAM. It's 2x512MB, so it'll run in Dual Channel, and it should have all the speed you'll need (until you upgrade to Vista).

EDIT: Also, if your budget can accomodate it, you might want to look into getting this. If I'm correct, you bought your computer with just an Intel GMA in it, no PCI-E x16 (Which Dell's website says it supports) vga card.

I looked at the Video card and it seems real good. But The Ram I was reading a couple of the reviews and they said there computer was locking up due to it. Will it work fine on my computer or should I check another type of ram out.

OK that looks pretty good. Im going to go with Ram First probly And see how that works. Is all RAM the same for Desktop computers. Like anyRam for a desktop will fit in my computer? Or I will need a specific type? Thanks for helping me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom