Graphics card ideas on upgrade for GT 5228

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avoid Sigma PSUs. Great price, but not on the good list. Here's a decent Rosewill; it costs a little more, but you get what you pay for.
Newegg.com - Rosewill Stallion Series RD500-2DB 500W ATX12V Power Supply - Power Supplies

The best I see that I could save you on a GFX card would be $10 and a $10 MIR:
Newegg.com - Apollo AP-HD4670 256MB Radeon HD 4670 256MB 128-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
The cooler wouldn't exhaust out of the case like the HIS, though.

For RAM, these are good and cheap. ;)
Newegg.com - Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Oh, and guys, Backsight is a clan member of mine, so steer him good and try not to go too overboard with the expensive stuff. He's like me... making a living for his family and trying to improve as much as he can with as little as possible. :D

[EDIT]
If you could sell a kid or a kidney you could pump up your rig with one of these ($90):
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Should drop right in and run. I wish I could use it.
[/EDIT]

i have the 500w version of the power supply mentioned and it powers my 9800gt fine. yo really should invest in a quality psu tho.

4670 should be great as well, i was using 3300 integrated graphics for a short while and that was good enough to run crysis warhead on a mix of mainstream and minimum.

you can sort of see a comparison here:
Charts, benchmarks Gaming Graphics Charts Q3/2008, Sum of FPS Benchmarks 1280x1024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom