Graphics Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
so for the 6850/gtx 560 will i need to buy a psu? and why will it overheat my system?

Yes you need a new power supply, atleast 500W.

Youre going to overheat, because there is next to no air flow through the case, and as theses level of cards heat up, the heat will not get exhausted and build up.

So i have to get a new case, psu and graphics card if i want to play battlefield 3 at mid graphics with no fps lag?

Almost... You can try it, but it's goiung to be warm. You cahn probably get by with taking off the side panels... But you really will want to upgrade the case eventually.

thanks, this seems kinda lame, but can you find me a link to where i can get a cheap 6850/gtx 560 or anything that is good and around £130 and a psu that will be able to run it.

thanks, this has actually helped me ALOT.

Oh i meant like £170, sorry if i didn't make it clear.

Could you get some links please to where i could buy? Thx

Oh, sorry, thats simple then.

Ohhhh, can you squeeze 24 more pounds in? You can get a 6870 and an Antec 550W psu for 193... For 170, its the Antec psu and pretty much any 6850.

i will have to see with my parents. It's kinda annoying having such a low budget. Never mind, i will just tell my mum, my computer wont work without it :p

Err yea i think i could probably increase the budget to £200

Oh and is the Antec 550W really necessary? do i really need it? although if it is, that's fine

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom