Which Graphics Card Is Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we should ask is what the OP considers smooth.

To me, crysis is not enjoyable if you cannot have it maxed in every respect and have it "run" smooth..

My 8600GT must just be special then. Crysis high settings, no hiccups to speak of. If price is a major concern, check out the 8600GT's that are overclocked from the manufacturer. Of course for just a tad bit more, the 9600GT's that came out recently are pretty darn slick and I'm sure can churn through Crysis with no problem.

the 8600 is better at least better than the 1650 and 2600, also high settings is very different from maxed out.

Maxed out as in modified auto config file to allow greater than very high set through game. But it also depends on yours and his definition of smooth.

Here is my Crysis config File when unziped the .CFG file needs to be placed in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Game

After placement you can start crysis.

This is one of the many absolute maxed settings, higher than the Very high.

More information here: Crysis, the real graphics! - FileFront Gaming Forums

Edited: Changed attachment to the ziped autoexec file.

Attachments

• Crysis autoexec.zip
    861 bytes · Views: 0
Ah, never thought of that, I'm only running 1024x768, which is what I normally run in all apps and games, my personal standard I guess. 19 inch. I'm not the OP, but smooth to me is, ya know, smooth, as in 40+ consistant FPS where your eyes can't tell if you get any higher FPS. I find that playing with plenty of eye candy at this res is highly enjoyable, but then again, I also enjoy breaking out the ol 16 bit NES and playing that too. Do you absolutely need the most expensive toys to enjoy them? I guess some people do, lol.

Crysis is all about eye candy. :)

My previous post was edited to change the attached file to the correct file, all you need to do is place the contained .CFG file in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom