Which Graphics Card?

TimmoUK

Beta member
I have just bought the following PC and would like some help on choosing a graphics card for it. My budget is £150-200, I am tempted by the Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760.

Case - COOLERMASTER HAF 912 PLUS MID TOWER GAMING CASE with 2 x 12CM Black Case Fans
Processor -Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4670K (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard - ASUS® Z87-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE
Memory - 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card - INTEGRATED GRAPHICS ACCELERATOR (GPU)
Memory Hard Disk - 2TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 64MB CACHE
DVD Drive - 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply - CORSAIR 650W CS SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling - Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler
Sound Card - ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking - 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options - MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

WOW that's almost the same system I just put together, I went with extra ram and a SSD but same MB and I'm loving it, The 760 is a great card.

Dauntae

The 760 will run you about $250.
If you want to save $25 get an additional GB of Graphical ram and use 30 watts less, you could get a EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SUPERCLOCKED 3072MB GDDR5.
By getting the SC 660 you will lose 192 Cuda cores, you will gain higher core and boost clock speeds, and an additional GB of Graphical ram.

There are supclocked versions of the 760 that cost ~$15-$20 more than the stock 760, they may be worth considering if you don't care about the planet(watts translate to pollution.)

EDIT: I don't know the prices in euros, but they'll be less.
Euros > USD
Maybe my week late post was too slow, Sorry!
I hope whatever card you get/got meets/exceeds your needs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom