Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

umania

Beta member
Hi, I'm looking for a decent graphics card with which I'll have no problems decently running all modern games, but not necessarily at the highest settings. Would a GeForce 7600 GT be good for this purpose? If not, do you have any other suggestions?

Note: I already have a GeForce 6800, but unfortunately it's AGP and won't go in any modern motherboards (unless there are motherboards out there that still have AGP slots...)

The 7600GT, is a great budget card, that can play almost all games on med-high settings.

yeah the 7600gt is a great card.....but which games did you have in mind? For example it will struggle with games like GRAW and Stalker....but others like Quake 4, C&C 3, FEAR..it should do pretty well.

Are you looking at a new motherboard? Becuase you will need a pci-e one for the 7600GT. And yes the 7600gt is a great midrange card and will do you fine.

Thanks for all the responses.

Yes actually I was looking for a new motherboard. I'm building a whole new computer and the only part from the old one that I can use is the graphics card (it's a long story...). The problem is just that: I am unable to use the old graphics card because it is AGP and my new motherboard will be PCIe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom