Graphic Card Question??

Quicksands

Solid State Member
I recently bought a new computer hoping that it would be able to play the latest games at the highest settings. Unfortunately I think my graphics card is too weak to support this. I was wondering if you could give me some advice as to what I should do to improve the computer.

Specs

Acer Aspire M
Windows 8
Intel Core i7 processor 3770
NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 2gb
1TB Hard Drive
6gb of DDR3 memory

I was also wondering if this computer was worth the 900 bucks including tax that i paid for it and if not where might i find better deals.

Thanks alot

Yes and no..

You never get a "grreat" deal buying a pre-built from a company like Acer or dell.

But $900 isn't that bad as the cpu alone is $290 at newegg.

To decide on the gpu, and yes the gt620 is pretty crapy for that system, you're going to have to open the case to find out what size power supplyh is.
Also need a budget, but youre looking at $100-$250 for decent to pretty gooid.

And lastly Welcome to TF.

Thanks for the response and I'm glad to find a site with an active community.

So before I can decide on anything I need to find out what kind of power supply I have?

Im also willing to spend around 250 on a graphics card, i'd like to be able to play games at at-least a high setting without lag. I tried playing bad company 2 and i could only run it at medium with no lag and its a 3 year old game at this point.

No, the computer wasn't worth 900 bucks unless you have SSDs or something else to make up in cost.

Yea you need to figure out what kind of PSU you have, or at least what wattage (model preferred though) so we can fit something in your budget.

I opened up the computer and the make of the power supply is Lite On. The model number is PS-5201-05 the maximum wattage is 200watts

Alright thanks for clearing that up. I was also wondering if I need to buy a new tower as well to house extra fans so that nothing over heats. As of now there are only 2 fans. The one on the mother board and the one on the side of the tower

Back
Top Bottom