Graphic Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

obxdude018

Baseband Member
Ok I just bought a ATI Radeon 4850HD card, I put the card in, ran the computer then installed the driver, but when I restart the computer, I get a blue screen saying a new or recently installed device is causing an unexpected problem. I can't get past this blue screen, Windows searches for a way to fix it, but only brings up system restore. I have a 650 watt PSU, AMD 780G Mobo. What could be the problem.

Did you uninstall the old drivers first?

If not, shut down the computer and remove the 4850. Boot back up with your old graphics, then uninstall both the old drivers as well as the ATI drivers. Boot into safe mode and run Driver Sweeper to remove the leftovers of both your old drivers and the ATI drivers. Shut down the computer and reinstall the 4850. Boot up and then install the ATI drivers.

I have installed another ATI card this way before and didn't have a problem with it, would this graphic card be to strong for my setup.

I have installed another ATI card this way before and didn't have a problem with it, would this graphic card be to strong for my setup.

Possible but very unlikely. Just go through the steps Trotter laid out and you should get it working fine.

Edit: Ninja'd!

I have uninstalled my HD 3200 graphic card, but still pretty much the same result, I get the blue screen that says memory crash dump resulting from recently installed hardware.

Am I doing something wrong or could it be a bad card.

Don't really have time to look at the screen lasts for about 5 to 10 seconds and then restarts the computer.

Another thing, when I install the driver for my video card, I get an error message that says Application Install: out of disk space.

Here is the log Catalyst® Install Manager
Installation Report
11/04/09 20:10:01

Hardware information
Name RS780
Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc
Device ID 0x9600
Vendor ID 0x1022
Class Code 0x060000
Revision ID 0x00
Subsystem ID 0x0155
Subsystem vendor ID 0x1025
Other hardware

Existing packagesCatalyst Control Center
ATI Catalyst Install Manager
HDMI Audio Driver
AVIVO64
HydraVision

Packages for install
ATI Catalyst Install ManagerFinal Status: Success
Version of Item: 3.0.728.0
Size: 20 Mbytes
HDMI Audio DriverFinal Status: Success
Version of Item: 5.00.60000.49
Size: 1 Mbytes
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 RedistributableFinal Status: Fail
Version of Item: 8.0.56336
Size: 10 Mbytes

Other detected devices

Device ID 0x960f
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x040300
Revision ID 0x00
Subsystem ID 0x960f
Subsystem vendor ID 0x1002

Device ID 0xaa30
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x040300
Revision ID 0x00
Subsystem ID 0xaa30
Subsystem vendor ID 0x1545

ATI Integrated SATA Support
Device ID 0x4390
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x01018f
Revision ID 0x00
Subsystem ID 0x0155

ATI Integrated SMBus Support
Device ID 0x4385
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x0c0500
Revision ID 0x3a
Subsystem ID 0x0155

ATI Integrated SATA Support
Device ID 0x439c
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x01018a
Revision ID 0x00
Subsystem ID 0x0155

ATI Integrated Azalia Support
Device ID 0x4383
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x040300
Revision ID 0x00
Subsystem ID 0x0155

Error messages
Application Install: out of disk space

Also, I restarted my computer after running a driver sweep, my comp. automatically downloaded new drivers, I got two standard VGA Graphics Adapter both with little attention icons on them, the first one says

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

Second one says

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

You need to restart your computer before the changes you made to this device will take effect.

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

This is what I am doing from the control panel I delete the drivers that are under my display adapters, I shut down, go into safe mode the run my driver sweeper, then reboot back, then I get both of the drivers showing up again, I believe my computer is recognizing the integrated chip as well as the one in my PCI-e slot to, so how do I disable the integrated chip. I'm sure it is through bios, but I never really understand anything in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom