Graphic Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

obxdude018

Baseband Member
Ok I have a AMD 780G MOBO with 1 PCI-E slot, I want to upgrade my graphic card, so can I run a graphic card with DDR3 or DDR5 technology on a MOBO that runs only DDR2 Memory, would I see any lag from the two technologies.

it doesnt matter what type of memory the card has. whatever you get as an upgrade doesnt depend on what type of ram your system has either.

but something you might have to change is your psu especially if youre looking to upgrade a pre-built computer, since they usually come with crappy psus.

post some info on your psu and how much youre wanting to spend on this upgrade.

I had the some questions my self... a video card thats pci-e 16 x 2.0 will work in a pci-e 16x 1.0 slot... the ram type doesn't matter either... just may now get the full effect from whay i heard.... and yes a better PSU as well... card now days require external power... mine listed below requires 2 6 pin power connectors... a PSU around 600w is good...

be careful, pcie 1x is a completely different slot. Just so you know it's PCI-e 16x 2.0 and PCI-e 16x 1.0 A PCI-e 1x slot is for low profile display only graphics cards that are extremely low end. But yes as Muffin Man said you'll want to upgrade your psu, and it doesn't matter what kind of ram you have, your VRam isn't dependent on the Ram your motherboard uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom