Graphic Card for a cheaper Gaming PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caltraskoo

Baseband Member
I have a DELL Vostro 420 tower
I hvae no idea what the motherboard is and I only have a 350 Power Supply running 4G RAM ,QuadCore, a 9500GT 1Ga
Any graphics card that can be thrown on that is better than GForce 9500 GT 1G DDR2?
I'm quite satisfied with my gaming performance ( COD4 1028x768 @ 110-250 FPS but it doesn't stay put...) But I am wondering if I can max it out to my monitor's max setting at 1200x1000 and still get good FPS Performace (125)

I am also wondering why the 9500 Is considered so bad? Its like around 50-60 on the Graphics Card list.
Thanks.

I am willing to upgrade my PS but I REALLY perfer not to because I am more of an amatuer computer kid.

However I may buy the 20$ junk one thats on sale, it has 500 Power Supply "D

However I may buy the 20$ junk one thats on sale, it has 500 Power Supply "D

DON'T buy junk power supplies, if it dies it can take other parts with it. And won't run anywhere near as well as you need it to.

Anyway, with a Dell's 350W I doubt you'll be able to use anything more than a 9600, maybe. With a decent 500W you could run a GTX280. I don't know enough about ATI cards to give you a recommendation there.

Newegg.com - hec HP585D 585W ATX12V Power Supply - No Power Cord - Power Supplies Cheap upgrade for ur psu with a lot of positive reviews, might be cheap but the psu that came with it is porbably cheaper.

HEC is on the avoid list of PSU's. Definitely don't get that. How much money do you have to spend? I can recommend some good components if you tell me what price range to look in.

Here are some options for you. I don't know if they are out of your budget though:

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100255HDMI Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer S41D2 410W ATX12V Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

HEC is on the avoid list of PSU's. Definitely don't get that. How much money do you have to spend? I can recommend some good components if you tell me what price range to look in.

Here are some options for you. I don't know if they are out of your budget though:

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100255HDMI Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer S41D2 410W ATX12V Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

4830 is like twice as powerful as the 4670. He should spend a little extra coin for a quality card imho.

I agree if the OP can afford the 4830, it would be a better card but it didn't sound like he had much of a budget so I went for the cheapest still good card.

Nice find zedman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom