GPU upgrade options help

flipp1234567

In Runtime
Hi guys so about an hour ago my gtx970 fried as i was napping and wanted to know what the best gpu I could get for my system could be.

I live about 40 minutes from a microcenter and their gpu prices aren't all completely stupid. Also have option for open box for much cheaper.

I still need to check if anything else is busted, but for now I'll be troubling you guys for options because I'm not sure if my cpu is too slow for the highest tier cards

The important specs:
I5-2500k @4.6GHz
16gb RAM,
750W Antec PSU
MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) LGA 1155 motherboard

I can get a vega64 ASUS ROG STRIX card (with farcry5 I believe) for $560

Thanks friends

That open box 1080 sounds good.

In case you're worried, I have stuck both of my Titan Xps on a 4.5GHz 2500k and it was fine. My limiting factor on that machine was RAM.

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I just noticed that the open box 1080 only includes the card, other accessories are missing. Still worth it?

Also how much ram is not enough? Is what I have enough?

Ah. OK.

So I just found a 1080ti zotac AMP edition for 700 -2% from ebates on neweggs eBay page. Is this a good card / deal that I should consider? Should be brand new

If you want to go that high sure. Just make sure you test your PSU and the rest before dropping a 700 dollar card in a machine all willy nilly that recently had a 970 fry.

I'm currently running my old 5850 in it right now and seems to work fine. I saw the system post before I installed the card.

Tbf I was getting artifacts on my monitor for several months before the gpu fried. I just never expected it to go out like this. DX

Back
Top Bottom