GPU upgrade for a friend

Yevrag35

Pushing Daisies on Saturn
What do you think would be the best card somebody *should* get if they're only playing games at a max of 1366x768 resolution, around $300? (The reason I say "max" is because I don't see him upgrading his monitor anytime soon).

PSU: Cooler Master 600W Silent-M Pro

150 dollar card, 150 dollar monitor IMO. What's the point of having a card that can handle higher graphics at higher resolutions if he wants to keep the low CPU limiting res?

150 dollar card, 150 dollar monitor IMO. What's the point of having a card that can handle higher graphics at higher resolutions if he wants to keep the low CPU limiting res?
My thought was that he wants to only $300 now... He might want to spend more on a 1080p monitor somewhere down the line (it might be a year though). But I understand where you're coming from though, because that was my first thought. I'm thinking he wants the performance now and to see the full-benefits later.

That's absolutely retarded.

What is the rest of his rig?
I forwarded your message to him (with all its bluntness).
Apparently, he agrees. lol

So what do you suggest for $300 (card/monitor combo)?

He's got my old system:
AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE
8GB 1600 RAM
256GB Samsung SSD
500GB WD Blue 7200RPM
Windows 7 x64 HP

Well hmm. The rest of his rig is real good already.

Idk, since 280x are out of stock I guess if he can knock it get a 770 and do a monitor later. I mean it is 720p still but.....

Back
Top Bottom