GPU Upgrade

Spud5437

In Runtime
Hi guys,

First off thanks for any help provided to my question below. I also know it's a piss poor time to be buying a GPU but I have waited months as is and its time.
Basically, I want to upgrade my 970 to something more powerful but that will not be limited by the rest of my system. I'm hoping the CPU will be fine with a 1070 TI or maybe a 1080 and will be ok for a year or two at that.

Any advice on if the proposed cards will be held back on the CPU would be appreciated and if so a better road to go down?

Thanks

Your CPU will be fine, your wallet probably not. Would be pretty dumb to spend a grand on a 1080 right now, but there are some places selling close to MSRP if you can find them.

Hi,

As always thanks for the advice, I thought as much but wanted to be sure before spending cash and as you say a decent amount of cash.
I'm in the UK where the cheapest price on a 1080 is £510 or around $715 (Currently sold out but can order for restock – expected soon….)
Or in stock at £599.99 or $840.

Again a lot of cash but I don't see them dropping anytime soon either

In the UK? Can you possibly purchase from an EU site? I heard the EU was coming down on the GPU etailer price gouging. Hearsay though, but worth taking a look.

Back
Top Bottom