GPU Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I am building a gaming/htpc off a mini itx board such as this one:

Newegg.com - ZOTAC Z68ITX-A-E LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

My plan is to use this case:

Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-Q25B Black Aluminum Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case

It looks like it will take a full sized GPU without any problems. My question is what GPU do I go with? I'm going to be doing some work over the summer on the other side of the country and I can bring what I can fit in the car. Which is why I'm not bringing the full-sized rig. I would obviously like to save money, and I was hoping to get out of this for less than $600 but I am willing to spend what it takes to make it worth it. In my current gaming system I run a GTX 570 so I thought about handing it down and getting a GTX 680 but that will blow the whole $600 budget right there and I don't know how much of a performance increase ill see in my current system. I also considered another GTX 570 and then I can run them in SLI when I get back and I can just throw a 9600 I have lying around in the HTPC. Any recommendations?

Must say, that is a boss new ITX concept. I haven't seen that particular Lian-Li case yet.

The only thing you have to worry about is power. If you have enough power you can stick anything you want in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom