GPU Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

KpCollins

Baseband Member
Ok so i got my new mobo in

Asus M5A97 AMD Socket AM3+ 8 Channel HD Audio ATX.. | Ebuyer.com

Now i just need to reconfigure my GPU's.

Currently I have 2x GTX 275's running sli. Im looking to switch to AMD now my board has come and im wondering what to go for.

Im looking for something that would give me the same power i have here but for around £270.

Ive been looking at this
XFX HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Dual Mini DisplayPort.. | Ebuyer.com
or
XFX HD 6970 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI Dual DP Out PCI-E.. | Ebuyer.com

Would this be a good idea or would i be better with 2 lower end cards in Xfire?

Edit: Also seen this one
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-...mhz-gddr5-gpu-870mhz-1408cores-2x-dvi-dp-hdmi

Thanks

Wait for the HD 7970. It's supposed to be released next Monday.

I can wait until then my money doesnt arrive until then anyway. But would it fit in my price range and is it a downgrade or would it suffice? Ive checked the specs looks nice.

Any idea on the estimated price?

The estimated is £450.

Definitely not a downgrade.

If that is out of your price range then go with the 6970.

If you play with games with a resolution up to 1080p then 6870 CF would be better. Above 1080p you should consider a card with at least 2GB of VRAM, which the 6970 has, and would be a better choice.

If you think you'll be watercooling your GPU in the future I would suggest getting the XFX because it's a reference card, meaning that you'll be able to get a standard full cover waterblock.

If not then go with the ASUS.

If you think you'll be watercooling your GPU in the future I would suggest getting the XFX because it's a reference card, meaning that you'll be able to get a standard full cover waterblock.

If not then go with the ASUS.

Water colling was a thought and might be an option in the future. Ill get that then, leaves the option open.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom