GPU Help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default GPU Help

I'm building my first computer and have everything but the GPU. I know I want a GeForce GTX 460 but I'm stuck on brand. Does anyone know how sparkle is? And if anyone knows about clocking speeds, I'd like to know what they are.

Thanks, Priest84

Old 02-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Default Re: GPU Help

welcome to tf!

sparkle is a decent brand. it's pretty much a rebranded reference design (the standard manufacturer's design without any upgrades to cooling or anything) . if price (+/- $20) isn't too big an issue i'd go with either evga msi or asus. if i remember correctly evga has the best warranty with the most coverage of random occurrences, and those three have the best customer service and reputations. not saying sparkle branded cards are bad, because in essence, they're all the same card just with different clocks and such, but there are better brands that are tested true.

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Ok, Thanks. and do you know if i transfer over my hard drive from my old computer, will the operating system transfer over? Even though my Windows 7 is from Acer?
Old 02-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

most likely not. if your motherboards use the same chipset it'll work, but if not you'll have to reinstall.
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Darn, that sucks. How do you get bluetooth on your computer?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

it's either built into the motherboard (best option) or you can get a usb dongle.

Closed Thread