GPU Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priest84

Solid State Member
I'm building my first computer and have everything but the GPU. I know I want a GeForce GTX 460 but I'm stuck on brand. Does anyone know how sparkle is? And if anyone knows about clocking speeds, I'd like to know what they are.

Thanks, Priest84

welcome to tf!

sparkle is a decent brand. it's pretty much a rebranded reference design (the standard manufacturer's design without any upgrades to cooling or anything) . if price (+/- $20) isn't too big an issue i'd go with either evga msi or asus. if i remember correctly evga has the best warranty with the most coverage of random occurrences, and those three have the best customer service and reputations. not saying sparkle branded cards are bad, because in essence, they're all the same card just with different clocks and such, but there are better brands that are tested true.

Ok, Thanks. and do you know if i transfer over my hard drive from my old computer, will the operating system transfer over? Even though my Windows 7 is from Acer?

most likely not. if your motherboards use the same chipset it'll work, but if not you'll have to reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom