GPU Core Temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastercheif1231

Baseband Member
Hello all! My computer keeps restarting when i am playing video games so i checked the GPU core temperature (thinking they were overheating) and it said it was 83C. Is this high for the temps to be? I have two NVIDIA 7800gt's in SLI mode and this was the temp. of the first card, and the second card was slightly less in temps. The core slowdown threshold is set at 115C (default) . If the temp exceeds this limit does the computer restart automatically to avoid damage?

After my computer restarted it said that it had recovered from a serious error that was caused by and unknown device driver. I submitted the error report and it gave me a link to the microsoft website that had no information about the problem.

So is it the GPU's or is it some "unknown device driver"?

If anyone has any thoughts on this issue please respond. Thank you very much!!

Is that temp that max it hit, or what it was when you got back to windows?

Did you upgrade from an ATI card? Have you tried different/newest drivers?

Well...I minimized the game and thats what it said on NVIDIA display. I have never had an ATI card and i got the drivers right from the nvidia's website the 81.98 one. I should also add that one of the GPU's is an XFX brand and the other one is just GeForce.

83 is too hot. Temps should be 35-55, depending on load. Replace your heatsink thermal paste with Artic Silver5 and/or buy2 new HS/F's like the Zalman vf700's. Its worth it too invest in a couple aftermarket HS/fs to protect those video cards.

The cards were already OC when i got them, and i just left them. Also i have never replaced a heatsink on a GPU before vaderpro. I would have no idea on where to start. if you could tell me how to do it or post a link that would be helpful that would be great! thank you in advance

my only question is that i have about maybe a 2 inch gap between the two gpu's and thats if i take the stock fan off the one on top. sooo... would both fans fit?

I have recently got a message from the Easy Tune 5 software that came with my motherboard that said: "ERROR: MarkFun_Load_NT_Driver". What does this mean? Could this be the driver that is causing the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom