GPU Casing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmo0n

Techalicious
Product Detail

-Noob question

I was wondering if you can get casing on gpu's such as how most high end cards are in a sort of case/cooling. For an example: Product Detail

That 8800gs has a casing around the cooler. Can you buy coolers like this or buy the casing?

The reason I'm asking is because it looks cool :laughing:

The first linked card is the one that i was looking at because the price is $50 cheaper then the xfx version.

Thanks

P.s - 700th post an i ask a question that I am 99% sure the answer is "lol no" to.

i don't believe so. The card on the first link, obviously, has a heatsink/cooler attached. The XFX and other such cards just add i cool "case" to it, although, if i am not mistaken, the heatsink/coolers such as the one on the original link often work better then say XFX's one( note that tincy lil fan). Basically high end cards look pretty, but bet practically the uglier 3rd party heatsinks do a much better job. Not sure if any of those look pretty that cover the whole card that say XFX's one does.

the only Aftermarket cooling i've ever heard of is the HR 03 or something close to it. but anyways its basicly like an aluminum Heatsink for your GPU and you can put fans on it.

who am i kidding you probably know what the HR 03 is....

thats the only think that i can think of that i know thats something like you specified.

as for the housing... like the plastic i doubt you can get one of those.

*edit* Heres a link PC Perspective - Thermalright HR-03 VGA Cooler Review and if i remember correctly you can put a 120 MM fan on it to help it cool up to 40% better than a standard VGA cooler like what you get on a stock card. swaping a stock for one of these will NOT void the warrenty if your wondering */edit*

THe first cheaper card's cooler is actually better, even though it may not look as good.

The card will be facing down anyway, so you won;t see it.

I was only asking because of the coolness.

Thanks anyway for the quick replies, by the time i build a new computer it will be 8800 what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom