I didn't do the thermal paste, I'm using the retail heatsink that Intel gives with the CPU, and they put a thermal compound on it.
And redoing the jumpers didn't work
Heres exactly what happens:
1) computer starts normal (fans blowing, etc)
2) one beep goes and the moniter comes on
3) a couple of things happen after that...
* the computer will shut off imediately
* the computer will go for a little bit and then shut off
* the computer will go to the right screen, but won't let me go into the Bios
also if i try to press delete before the beep, then the computer will also shut off
i noticed that right before it shuts off an orange light blinks. It hasn't ever gotten to the second beep, execpt for the first time i booted, and it went totally right, but then shut down before i could do anything ( i haven't touched the bios yet)
One more thing, the floppy drive light doesn't come on