good tests for graphic card performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
in device manager under display adapters, uninstall the old drivers, reboot, then install the new ones. the full suite isnt necessary, but will give you tools that could come in handy if you have multiple monitors or want to overclock the card a bit.
This could be your problem.

You should uninstall the drivers thru the Control Panel/ Add and Remove Programs option. When you uninstall the driver throught the Device Manager it unloads the driver but it doesn't remove the old files from the system.

Download DriverSweeper and install the program, but don't run it yet.

Next go to the Control Panel and uninstall the Catalyst Control Suite through the Add and Remove Programs option. Once it's uninstalled you need to restart the computer in Safe Mode (hit F8 after it posts).

Once your in Safe Mode start up DriverSweep, check the ATI Display Driver box and Leave All The Other Boxes Unchecked. Click on the Analyze button, it may take a few moments to scan the system files and registry. If any entries are displayed click the Clean button. When it's finished restart the pc normally and install the latest drivers.

You shouldn't have to go through this procedure normally but when your having driver issues it worth the extra few minutes. If the problem still persists then it's probably something else.

This could be your problem.

You should uninstall the drivers thru the Control Panel/ Add and Remove Programs option. When you uninstall the driver throught the Device Manager it unloads the driver but it doesn't remove the old files from the system.

Download DriverSweeper and install the program, but don't run it yet.

Next go to the Control Panel and uninstall the Catalyst Control Suite through the Add and Remove Programs option. Once it's uninstalled you need to restart the computer in Safe Mode (hit F8 after it posts).

Once your in Safe Mode start up DriverSweep, check the ATI Display Driver box and Leave All The Other Boxes Unchecked. Click on the Analyze button, it may take a few moments to scan the system files and registry. If any entries are displayed click the Clean button. When it's finished restart the pc normally and install the latest drivers.

You shouldn't have to go through this procedure normally but when your having driver issues it worth the extra few minutes. If the problem still persists then it's probably something else.

It says driver sweeper has veeb discontinued and you will not find any download links here any longer. Is there somewhere else I can find it or something like it? I tried download.com but couldnt find it there.

Turns out the card is working as it should, its just SL and some of the sims that slow things down, not sure why. I did a test with the crysis demo, running everything at maximum settings and I was getting between 50 FPS and 70 FPS. Thanks for the help and suggestions all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom