Good system for under $300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgcook

Fully Optimized
After I started my computer build. My sister is wanting to upgrade her PC.

She wants to spend around $300. This doesn't include the monitor, keyboard, speakers, or mouse

What parts to do you guys suggest?

Thats very tough but workable. What does she want it for.

general use such as surfing, e-mail and whatnot?

A system can be built with an x2 3600 and 1Gb of ram for around 250 bucks really.

its currently a dell.

intel celeron 2.4Ghz, 256MB memory, 40GB HD

its about 2 years old now

pretty much my sister, mom, and dad all use it for the internet, uploading pics off the digital camera,and the famous myspace. they dont do the high end gaming or pic/video editing like i do.

I was thinking of a AMD x2 3800 with around 1GB of RAM and a 80GB hard drive

whats wrong with the LOGISYS power supplies? that one seems to have some good reviews.

i mean its not like the system is gonna even be pushed with my family using it.

anything is better than this dell. this thing is a POS. i'm having to use it while waiting till the 22nd for my build. errr

whats wrong with the LOGISYS power supplies? that one seems to have some good reviews.

i mean its not like the system is gonna even be pushed with my family using it.

anything is better than this dell. this thing is a POS. i'm having to use it while waiting till the 22nd for my build. errr

just don't question b1gapls advice, the psu list was made with the experience of others and if it is listed as bad, its going to be bad

LOGISYS is just not a reliable brand of PSUs. Like peterhuang said....if it's on the bad list in the power supply guide, don't get it. Get the one I suggested. It's a highly recommended PSU, for budget systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom