Good PSU Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here the deal with the rosewell.

pros:
1. The rails are good on it.
cons:
1. roswell a unreliable name
2. the hold up time suck at 10ms. You would like to see at least 16ms on any good PUS. You might think hold up time not a big deal but power not as stable in your house as you would like to think. WIth just a small power flucteration it will cause your computer to restart with that PSU. Note if you using a good UPS with AVR then the 10ms will be fine since most UPS have a 3-4ms clamp time otherwise I think it to low.

If you can aford a extra $10 I recommend the following PSU

XCLIO XClio 450BL $53
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=17-189-003&depa=0

Dont be fooled by the brand name because if you do some research you acturally find this PSU is made by the same people that makes Antec PSU'S

The stats on it is

+3.3V@32A
+5V@30A
+12V1@15A
+12V2@17A

That a combine 32A for 12V. Having 2 lines acturally increase stability because it allow you to spread out the devices amoung the 2 better. Less likly to heavly tax one of the lines.

It also has a 20ms hold up time which is above average

I can run the heck out of my comp and play games like doom3 and silent hill 4 with my power hungry components, i even overclock a little and then run benchmarking progs, and my cheap stock raidmax 420 PSU handles it's duties nicely.

anyways, i would go antec if I were to upgrade my PSU.

ohGrFreak said:
I can run the heck out of my comp and play games like doom3 and silent hill 4 with my power hungry components, i even overclock a little and then run benchmarking progs, and my cheap stock raidmax 420 PSU handles it's duties nicely.

anyways, i would go antec if I were to upgrade my PSU.

Your lucky, my raidmax PSU has burn marks all over the place :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom