Good place to buy pre-built?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdshiftdj

I feel funny...
I know, I know...it's better to build, but I'm looking for a decent place w/ lot's of options to build some simulation computers. The only places I can think of are ibuypower,avadirect and...that's it. Never bought pre-built before and I don't have time to build 3 systems for my co.

Cyberpower also, but I get an "icky" feeling about these companies (cyberpower and ibuypower at least).

Why not hit up a legit company that has more reliable customer service like: Dell, HP, Gateway, eMachines, etc...
I know the majority, if not all of them, give you a base computer that you can then customize for your own purposes.

Heh, I don't recommend pre-built.
I just think that companies that have a longer history will serve you better than some built in a garage outfit.

If you look at any of the above companies (add Compaq to the list too), you'll find plenty of flaws, bad customer service stories, and unreliable machines, but thats what happens when you're pumping out computers at the rates that they do.

Some computer stores will put a computer together for you for a fee. I think its like $50 for Fry's to assemble a computer.

Heh, I don't recommend pre-built.
I just think that companies that have a longer history will serve you better than some built in a garage outfit.

If you look at any of the above companies (add Compaq to the list too), you'll find plenty of flaws, bad customer service stories, and unreliable machines, but thats what happens when you're pumping out computers at the rates that they do.

i was referring specifically to HP's getting out of the desktop computer business. :p

I would look into using a local computer shop to build your simulation computers. They'll be able to provide you with "real time" technical support, or the closest thing to "real time". If you buy a Dell or HP, etc... you have to call India or Pakistan 1st, Cyberpower, Ibuypower, etc... are better but their not going to be able to drive to your location or offer true personalized service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom