17" Monitor

I have recently built replacements for two of my computers and
need to sell the old ones. Both have Windows XP Home SP2
with all updates. I've also loaded both with AVG Anti Virus,
Zone Alarm firewall, Ad Aware and Spybot anti spyware programs,
Nero burning software and Power DVD.

Is it worth buying?

That's all the info I got...

Is it worth the money? Could I play games on it? I'm not sure... that's why I'm posting this.

its not bad... but you definitely can play games on it, although probably not the newest ones.

for 450 you can get a pc that will eat that thing for breakfast, but the only drawback is not having a monitor.

Well, I'm not much of a gamer, but I really like working on web sites and listening to music at the same time without having to worry about my memory.

Well, geez, man, on my Mac/laptop, I rarely break 512 with five or six Firefox tabs open, Amarok or iTunes, a widget program, and a terminal.

But if you're even CONSIDERING gaming, it is a good idea to have 1GB.

And what games are you looking at?

only problem is socket 478 (i think) = no upgrade path.
i suggest going to another build (like fastrandstrongr's idea)....450ish with no monitor you can get an amd am2 based system that will be upgradeable at least for awhile lol (and kick the s*** out of that p4).
i do not think it is wise to buy a new single core cpu, certainly not one in a socket that is obsolete. if you were upgrading an existing system, different story. as everyone says, it will play some games fairly well. just an unwise investment IMO.

^True

For about $500 more or less, you can build a system, that includes:
X2 3600+ Brisbane
BIOSTAR TForce550
2GB of G. Skill NQs
7600GT
FSP 400W
Western Digital 160gb SATAII
and a DVD burner
which in total, makes for a better overall system, with room for future upgrades.

i say not worth it, unless its socket 775 p4, still not worth it but u can upgrade to a ...... pd or core 2 duo, if it is supported (most likely not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom