Good Laptop w/ budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattchu

Solid State Member
what would be the best labtop for me, i am a gamer, and would like to play so games on it, i am also a student so i need all the web surfing and crap like that, my budget is 1000, but i can spend more than that if need be, i want a 15.4" screen or up

any body have any ideas?

thanks in advance guys and gals:)

If its USD then I dont know, but for GBP try getting an Ailenware or an Acer Ferrari. Try getting a Core Duo model but those are probably the best manufacturer, dont get a Dell, cos it will explode in your face.

Ruan

Mattchu said:
wat about that one

Screen is a little small for gaming imo, 14.1" and the graphics (Intel media accelerator 950) are pretty poor. They don't even have hardware TnL, WoW won't even run on that. If you really want to do a decent amount of gaming I suggest you check out this article on Laptop graphics cards, I found it very useful:
http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3056&guide=Graphics+Card+Guide+2006
If you plan to do gaming your graphics card is going to be the largest factor by far and the one thing you won't be able to upgrade (only a couple of lappys out now have upgradeable graphics and they're pretty spendy).

If you want a preconfigured laptop check out offerings from HP, Toshiba, and Sony. HP will prolly give you the most for your money. Or take a look at Cyberpowerinc, their laptops are barebones asus/msi units they just add proc, mem, and hd for you. The barebones themselves are all of very high quality so I don't see why they wouldn't be a good choice. You may want to configure it to have no OS loaded and supply your own, however, as I've heard they can suck at configuring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom