Good laptop for a low price - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Central

Beta member
I'm planning on buying a laptop within the next few months, and the best deal I have found is the Acer Aspire 5672WLMi. It has the dual core processor, an excellent graphics card, a good amount of RAM and not-too-bad aesthetic I'm looking for, as well as some other niceties such as lots of connectivity and a built in 1.3MP camera.

However, I'm not one to rush into deals too quickly, and I was wondering if the expert folks up here could find me a better deal, but with similar (if not better) specs on the laptop?

Using my laptop, I plan to be listening to music, watching movies, working with Office applications, browsing the internet (a lot), as well as more intensive tasks such as moderate to heavy Photoshopping, casual video editing and I really want to leave the option open for games if ever I feel I want to play a modern one.

There's no question that the Acer I have found is a great laptop at an excellent price, but it's possible some of you techies here could find me a better deal. As well as the hardware I need to do the things above, it'd also be great to have some nice aesthetics on my laptop - something which will turn heads.

The £1050 price of the Aspire I linked to above is the absolute maximum I'm willing to pay for a similar or better-speced laptop. Also, a widescreen is an absolute must and the machine must be able to run XP (any kind). A dual-core processor is strongly preferrable, too, but not a must-have.

Thank you very much :).

Okie.

Prob u dont need a dual core processor for gaming. A fast single core one will do the job, and is cheaper as well.
For laptop, the most headache part is the graphic card. For that Acer laptop, the graphic memmory max 512 Mb might seem impressive, but it's useless. If possible, try a good 256 MB one.

For RAM, dont be bother. Buying laptop with lots of RAM is a waste of money. Buy one with minimal ram, then get some much cheaper RAM on ebay. This will save you around 100 quids.

Try out DELL, they've got quite some impressive gaming laptops.

Yeah, I definitely recomend dell laptops. If your budget can handle it, get a latitude D810

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom