Good idea? Will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhOsT1321

Daemon Poster
Hello, brand new to these forums
I have Retail computer Hp Pavilion A6110n
I have added 4 gigs of ram to this (one gig dies so i have 5 gigs total)
A 500w PSU
and a GeForce 9500

The problem is that in summer it gets over 80 degrees F where my computer is located

I was thinking about buying the Antec 300 and buying two additional fans so that I would have 4 fans creating an airflow in my case

Is this a good idea? any other ways to cool my computer? Will all of my cables reach if i put retail parts into a bigger case?
I am looking to buy a nice cool (as in good cooling, looks do not matter) case, my total budget is $80 (after shipping)

thank you for your time

If you get the Antec 300 Illusion, it comes with fans pre-installed. I haven't looked at the "regular" 300, but it should come with fans too. It's always a good idea to improve airflow throughout the computer case. Just remember, not all air flow is ideal. If you get too much air from the intake, and not enough exhaust to pull all that out, you're circulating warm air, not cool fresh air.

As for other options, an after market CPU cooler would go great with a new case. That may put your budget a little overboard though, so saving up may be inevitable.

As for the case, the Antec 300 is a great case, and very well recommended here on T-F. I personally like the Xigmatec Midgard-W, it has a little more features than the 300, and can hold up to 7 cooling fans (2 are preinstalled).

Welcome to T-F! We hope you enjoy your stay with us, and come back for any of your tech needs. ;)

As for the case, the Antec 300 is a great case, and very well recommended here on T-F. I personally like the Xigmatec Midgard-W, it has a little more features than the 300, and can hold up to 7 cooling fans (2 are preinstalled).

Took a look at the case you mentioned and it looks great, but does it come with dust filters? I get very large quantities of dust in my current retail case and have to vacuum it out weekly

Though I would post an update. I decided to go with the Antec 300. Everything worked out great, it's nice to have somewhere to put wires, and it was a bit of a PITA for a novice like myself.
Thank you for the info patonb and 95BlackGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom