Is this a good deal, or a stinker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet by the time I post this quick reply someone will have already put up a build for you.

the people here are great and fast at that. I'm sure it'll be something like a e7300 based system with a gigabyte P45 chip mobo and a 4850. :cool:

Edit: or for $850 like you say I see a very respectable quad core system with a 4870

yeah, I am looking for up to the 850$ range, cheaper is better, that is quad core. The video card need not be the fastest, some like a 9800 would be fine, but a 4850 would be great. I won't need a super fast one for a while. My games don't need it right now. But, in the future, I wouldn't mind having to upgrade. Needs wifi. That's about it. 6 MB of ram would be preferable. I guess just to match that future shop compy. 10$ more for a card that has a tv out composite cable port versus one that doesn't would be handy. Anyway.

D

^^ I wouldn't get a Phenom 9600 since a Core 2 Duo will outperform it, especially in gaming. Also the 9600 is the b2 stepping which suffers from the tlb erratum and has essentially no overcloking ability.

Newegg.ca is good but not as good as their American counterpart. If you're shopping in Canada I'd use ncix.com, just finalize your build, use shopbot.ca to find lowest prices and then use the price match feature at ncix.ca when checking out, will save you a bunch. Also, ncix.com won't charge pst if you're in Ontario so you're only paying the GST. Just make note, although ncix.com has a decent inventory, they don't carry everything newegg.ca does.

Hussein stop giving bad advice to new members!

First recommending a prebuilt and now a buggy slow cpu. Cmon man. I know your a fanboy but even AMD fanboys would stay away from that chip.

Newegg.ca has much better prices than Ncix. But if this guy lives in the US its a moot point.

To the OP, you'll be a happy camper with a Biostar TP45hp and a E8400. And keep all the other stuff that Hussein recommended, except for the mobo and cpu of course. Maybe throw in a Sunbeam Core Contact cooler as well.

Go with Sanremo's advice. Maybe with a Quad Core if your not planning to upgrade for a while.

Don't know what I was thinking. Zmatt is right, even I avoid the 9600.

All I was doing was looking for a decent Quad Core build though.

Hey man no harm no foul. Just trying to keep the news right.

Sanremo's got the right idea. Although if you can manage it I would get an e8500. I haqve the TP45 and she is a great board. I managed 4.1ghz on air with the tp45, e7200 and the core contact freezer. If you get an E0 revision e8500 then you can go higher with lower voltages with the sane components.

I also recommend the OCZ golds DDR2 1100

I was able to get them to 4-5-4-15. It's hard to beat that.
Newegg.com - OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1100 (PC2 8800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

With a combination like thta you are looking at great overclocks, gret asuper pi times and great frame rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom