Good Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well I just entered the same exact specs on cyberpower, and the price was $1667 - this does not include the printer. So total would be about $1727 (60 for the printer - it's a cheap one). Now the power supply and motherboard are probably a bit better, but this doesn't really account for a $547 difference... really, I'm not trying to be a pain in the *** here, just trying to understand where you guys are coming from. Could you link me to the setup on cyberpower that you say is better and cheaper? I'm excited that you guys think I could get "way better" for under a thousand, but it would help me a lot if you could be a bit more specific and show me what you mean.

did u change it? because it said e6600 b4 hand.........

Nope it always said Q6600, it's the quad-core processor. Also, cyberpower doesn't seem to include an OS with the computer (or maybe it's just not listed) - in which case we should add another $200 to the total for Vista home premium - so the total then is $1927.

Yeah dude I get it, you don't like the 8500gt. Ok, fine. As I said earlier in the post, I've researched it and it is fine for my purposes. My question is why are you saying I could get a much better system for cheaper at cyberpower, and then I put in the exact same specs and it comes out to $747 more. I understand that people see that the system I'm asking about is a retail, pre-configured one, so they think, "it must be crap and you can get one much cheaper if you build it." And normally I would agree 100% - I would almost never consider buying retail. But in this case it seems different, and just telling me the system sucks while not offering a concrete alternative is not helping.

Yeah dude I get it, you don't like the 8500gt. Ok, fine. As I said earlier in the post, I've researched it and it is fine for my purposes. My question is why are you saying I could get a much better system for cheaper at cyberpower, and then I put in the exact same specs and it comes out to $747 more. I understand that people see that the system I'm asking about is a retail, pre-configured one, so they think, "it must be crap and you can get one much cheaper if you build it." And normally I would agree 100% - I would almost never consider buying retail. But in this case it seems different, and just telling me the system sucks while not offering a concrete alternative is not helping.

because what i said applies if u wait til july 22nd.... the q6600 will be $266 and worth looking into.....

u can get a really good system, like ones similar to the best on the forum for less than 1200$ when those ppl spend nearly 1800$ a short time ago.....

lol i know....... u can buy from cyberpower for cheaper price tomorrow........

i just realized that i said tomorrow... i said this because, i reset my bios today because it wouldn't post.... so my calendar said July 21st 2001.... just a clarification :)

"u can get a really good system, like ones similar to the best on the forum for less than 1200$ when those ppl spend nearly 1800$ a short time ago....."

Great - would you mind giving me a link to where you would buy the parts and giving an example of the kind of system you're talking about (listing the parts if you don't mind)?

"i just realized that i said tomorrow... i said this because, i reset my bios today because it wouldn't post.... so my calendar said July 21st 2001.... just a clarification"

Oh, ok that makes more sense, given the price shift on the 22nd.

"u can get a really good system, like ones similar to the best on the forum for less than 1200$ when those ppl spend nearly 1800$ a short time ago....."

Great - would you mind giving me a link to where you would buy the parts and giving an example of the kind of system you're talking about (listing the parts if you don't mind)?

"i just realized that i said tomorrow... i said this because, i reset my bios today because it wouldn't post.... so my calendar said July 21st 2001.... just a clarification"

Oh, ok that makes more sense, given the price shift on the 22nd.

i assume ur in the US right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom