Good Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally didn't believe I miss that, The only thing I can tell between the Platinum and yours is that the Platinum has 1 external SATA and comes with a little more SATA wires. No I don't believe it's worth the extra 36. It's basically the same thing in spec other than the nice heat pipe. I would stick with yours for the budget.

Wide screen will work perfectly in XP, actually it looks very nice with wide screen. That Acer I chosen for you is 1680 x 1050, much better than your Han 1440 x 900. Plus the Acer is 800:1 and it's only $10 more. I recommend you get at least 1680 x 1050 to enjoy the wide screen. Your 8800GTS will perform very well also at that resolution.

Your case is OK, with the back 120mm fan as an exhaust. However there should be one more fan to blow cool air into the case. I don't really like the style, I usually buy case that looks nice with room for expansion but that's up to you to choose the case since we all have different taste so I can't really help you there :D .

I also wanted to add, if you are patience that Q6600 will be $266 in just 20 days. If you swap the E6600 with the Q6600 on the 21th you will kill that Gateway. The reason I told you not to buy the Gateway is:

1)For a Q6600, that Gateway will have to sacrifice a lot of it's hardware to be under $1300.

2)I would not sacrifice hardware just for a Q6600.

3)That 8800GTS will blow that 8500 away on the Gateway, plus after the 21th, your system will be close to the Gateway's price but you have better hardware and an 8800GTS

4)Better hardware.

5)If you need more juice you can opt for more watts, that Rosewill will get the job done but when you start adding more parts it might not do so well because of your 8800GTS.

agree with u completely... but will that rosewill handle a q6600?

I think I'm going to stick with the e6600, so hopefully it won't be an issue.

blyver, did you say you were going to overclock the system? If you are I would reconsider the PSU.

Vernong1992. That rosewill should handle the Q6600 but not if you are going to overclock it, especially with that 8800GTS installed.

vernong: Hmm, well if I wait until july 22nd then the e6750 will be $183... maybe I'll consider that. It overclocks all the way to 3.8ghz??? Wow. This would be my first time overclocking but I assume it is not that difficult as long as you have proper cooling, right? Also, if I waited that would give me a little extra money to spend on a better psu...

Law: I was thinking about overclocking - never done it before but thought I might try. What power supply would you recommend if I decided to overclock, and would I need any additional cooling (other than the arctic cooling freezer 7)?

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 EPS12V EPS12V 610W Continuous @ 40°C Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, cUL, CE, CB, TUV - Retail

Single rails are much better for high performance system IMO. 49a on that 12v rail should be sufficient with your current spec. Also PC power & cooling is a very good brand name PSU so I would put my trust in them.

*EDIT* So I've heard the E6600 can go almost up to 3Ghz with a good heatsink/fan cooling. But I don't know that for sure on stock heatsink/fan. I've haven't overclock my e6600, maybe I am reluctant with my current PSU. Higher frequency would definitely mean better cooling. So get a good case with room to install some water cooling. I recommend Lian Li case because this PSU is pretty big.

vernong: Hmm, well if I wait until july 22nd then the e6750 will be $183... maybe I'll consider that. It overclocks all the way to 3.8ghz??? Wow. This would be my first time overclocking but I assume it is not that difficult as long as you have proper cooling, right? Also, if I waited that would give me a little extra money to spend on a better psu...

Law: I was thinking about overclocking - never done it before but thought I might try. What power supply would you recommend if I decided to overclock, and would I need any additional cooling (other than the arctic cooling freezer 7)?

ya i'll give u a search link...... give me a moment...

Law: Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by single rails? Hehe, with all these amazing parts you guys are listing I'm getting a bit greedy... but I really do need to keep the price down. So I think I'm going to stick with the cooler master case that I had listed:

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 RC-534-KKN2-GP Black Aluminum & Mesh bezel / SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

The psu you just mentioned looks great, but I think I'm going to look for something comparable in power that will support the overclocking but is cheaper. Also, it's true what you said about the psu being big - a lot of the reviews mentioned that. So since I'm going to stick with the cooler master case I think I'll try to find something else. When I find something I'll post back and ask for opinions.

Also, regarding what you said about the e6600 - I'm not using the stock cooling, I'm buying that Arctic Cooling Freezer 7, so hopefully that would help. I don't think I'm going to do water cooling, just to save money. So I'll just try to clock it as high as I can do with just air cooling.

But anyway, I think I may wait until the 22nd for the e6750. We'll see if I can last that long.... :D

Law: Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by single rails? Hehe, with all these amazing parts you guys are listing I'm getting a bit greedy... but I really do need to keep the price down. So I think I'm going to stick with the cooler master case that I had listed:

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 RC-534-KKN2-GP Black Aluminum & Mesh bezel / SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

The psu you just mentioned looks great, but I think I'm going to look for something comparable in power that will support the overclocking but is cheaper. Also, it's true what you said about the psu being big - a lot of the reviews mentioned that. So since I'm going to stick with the cooler master case I think I'll try to find something else. When I find something I'll post back and ask for opinions.

Also, regarding what you said about the e6600 - I'm not using the stock cooling, I'm buying that Arctic Cooling Freezer 7, so hopefully that would help. I don't think I'm going to do water cooling, just to save money. So I'll just try to clock it as high as I can do with just air cooling.

But anyway, I think I may wait until the 22nd for the e6750. We'll see if I can last that long.... :D

good choice on the AF7, get that as quick as possible... its 20$ at svc.com:

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler for LGA775
i hope this deal lasts long....

nice choice on the case...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom