Good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk88

Baseband Member
I recently bought a laptop. Here are the specs:

Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2400 (1.83GHz/667MHz FSB)
17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™
1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz
256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS
60GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
80 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
ntegrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Also purchased a carrying case for the laptop. ($45)

All this cost me a total of roughly $1350 after taxes + environmental fees. Do you think this was a good buy or was it a bit overpriced? Also do you think this systen will run those games such as BF2 on max without lag?Thanks.

oohhh this is a LAPTOP

well its decent--still not good

look at acer.com

or newegg

can get about the sameish for ~700 at newegg, and simply BETTER at around the same price at acer

I did check newegg and acer but they didnt offer the kind of specs that I got for this laptop. In newegg the only thing i found around that price range was a core duo with a nice HD but not so good ati graphics card.

Also about the HD, how much space are you actually left with when using it? (Recovery files, etc...)

For me this seems a nice deal, but im no laptop pro...
yes this system should run games without a problem you have a nice GPU and a pretty nice CPU for laptops, however for this much you could have bought it brand new [if it isnt...]

About 'how much I have space you actually left with ..."
to begin with take 4.2 GiB [Following this post in the bottom of that post you can read about the true amount of bytes within a GiB]
So you actualy have 55.8 GiB in it, then take off like 2GiB just for the windows [so I remember it is..] and programs would sum up for another 2GiB [if you'r a standard user] thats another 4GiB, so.. 51.8GiB +/- left....... games, videos, etc.. you know what you have for the rest, lol.

Well anyway I'd suggest you get a better HD because 5.4k RPM is pretty low for nowdays..

I still think this is a fine computer for an OK price.

Ok thanks for the info. As for the HD, unfortunately I cant upgrade it as I already ordered it. Well, I hope it is enough to get me by.

It is a dell. I knew when i bought the laptop that it didnt have dvd burning capabilties. Fortunately my desktop does. :D But do you think that 60GB HD might be enough for college use and some gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom