Is this good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demortix

Baseband Member
Alright. this is what im thinking of getting.

Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-430 ATX12V 430W Power Supply - Retail (64.99) i dont know why its so cheap here and 100$ on the antec site?

eVGA 256-P2-N553-AX Geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail (169.99)

add 12.78 for shipping, and the total is 247.76
not bad. hopefully it will give me what im looking for. cons or pros anyone?

With an Intel Celeron D 3.2Ghz
1.5 Gigs Ram

Yoad said:
Its alright, but must I ask you why Celeron?
Just an upgrade to his existing Celeron system, a previous thread indicated that he had already bought a Celeron some time ago and wanted to beef it up.
Looks like you should be good, I wouldn't bother with a 7900gt with a Celeron system like yours, the performance increase probably wouldn't be worth the extra $100. I for one would be interested to see some benchmarks when you get everything together as there's not much info on how well Celeron D's perform in games.

With 1.5GB RAM, and that 256MB video card, that PC will be flying.

I'm not 100% sure, but i think the new Sempron/Celeron chips are 64-bit.

jorsoft03 said:
Just an upgrade to his existing Celeron system, a previous thread indicated that he had already bought a Celeron some time ago and wanted to beef it up.

Indeed, quite right. In hindsight i should have researched my options a bit more, but its late now. Im not that picky though, just want the best for my money. it was only 350 for the prebuilt system, granted im spending about 380 upgrading, but having a decent gaming system for 720 isnt bad. i dont know enough to build my own system. Im glad i desided on the 7600 instead of 7900, it just didnt seem worth the extra 100. Eventualy ill probably (depending on how this setup works) upgrade my CPU, but its all i got right now seeing as i would have to buy a whole new motherboard too. Hopefully with this setup i wont have to dump any money into her for a while. Thanks for Everyones help, i couldnt have made such smart choices without help.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom