gonna pick up a new case...comments? experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

COD2_fanatic

Daemon Poster
Alright, i'm getting very tired of my C5 because it takes up to much space for my likings and i cant sit it on top of my desk (its on the floor). So i've been looking at Micro-ATX desktop cases and have noticed that these seem to be popular among the Hardforum crowd (yea, so what? i browse they're forum, not registered though):

Newegg.com - APEVIA X-QPACK-BK/420 Black Aluminum 1.0 w/ ABS plastic front panel MicroATX Desktop Computer Case ATX 420W power supply Power Supply - Retail

Its perfect for what i want but i'm a bit hesitant on the PSU as from the reviews it doesnt seem to hold out long (or at all), so my first question is, can i fit a Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC PSU. ( Newegg.com - Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC ATX 430W Power Supply 115/230 V - Retail )

As for my second question, it says it includes a "UV" fan, now i know what they are but, are they harmful to your eyes or anything? cause that i don't know.

And my third and final request (question...whatever), has anyone had (or have) this case and what did you think of it.

If I'm going with a behind the door or on the floor case, I go with a monster that could withstand a 10 foot fall onto concrete! I recently built a system in a Dracula case (it turned out great). I'm not really an Micro-ATX fan.

I can answer on the UV....no, it's not dangerous unless you stare at it dead on for hours. But then in that case any light would be dangerous.

The PSU is only good for low power. Its over rated (wattage) so when you use a good amount of the power, it fails after a while.

the power supply is proprietary, therefore you can't use a regular psu in it, also it will fit, but the cd-rom in the front will be useless. take a look at the thermaltake lanbox instead

the power supply is proprietary, therefore you can't use a regular psu in it, also it will fit, but the cd-rom in the front will be useless. take a look at the thermaltake lanbox instead

Well if i have to i might be able to fit a Lite-On drive in it (since they are considerably shorter) but, if all else fails i can just use an external drive plus i dont use my optics very often (i "rtually mount" most of my stuff) so it wont be that big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom