Gonna order in the next day or two! Question tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckop11

In Runtime
Okay like the title says im gonna be making my order here in the next couple days! :big_smile:
(then wait till christmas to use them :sad:)

OK

After help from Muffin Man and Trotter on my last thread this is what i have come up with. im pretty much set on gettin the mobo/cpu listed. and pretty much everything else. lol just making sure they all work together. and i didn't miss anything.

d7m0z.jpg

Heres my Question.

What am i gonna have to do to get it to run at 1600? i know i may have to change some stuff in the bios but if i don't do anything will it still start up n work just fine. but at say 1333? or diff timings?

lol sorry if that didn't make any sense or if its a stupid question. im just wondering if its gonna be a task to get it to run at 1600. or just a few simple changes in the bios. And how it would work if i just stuck it in and made no changes?

Thanks to all.

ps i want this build to work because my parents did the ole well lets go to best buy and look at computers. lol and if it doesn't i will feel oh so dumb.

Your link brings me to my shopping cart.

It should start up fine without changing anything. I will let the more experienced members chime in about changing it.

It will fire up at 133 or whatever the native speed is for the mobo. In other words, it will downclock the memory. My mobo does that. You change one setting in the BIOS to make it 1600 but I can't remember which one off the top of my head. I would also set the timings in the BIOS to whatever your RAM's native timings are as they will be different... since you are going to be in there and all.

Okay. Thanks that is exactly what i wanted to know. I mean I kinda thought that's what would happen. but i just wanted to be sure.

As for what i need to change and stuff isn't really important yet.
I will most likely post another thread looking for more information when the time comes.

(Like i said i get it now *cheer. but cant put it together till Christmas *sigh)

It will fire up at 133 or whatever the native speed is for the mobo. In other words, it will downclock the memory. My mobo does that. You change one setting in the BIOS to make it 1600 but I can't remember which one off the top of my head. I would also set the timings in the BIOS to whatever your RAM's native timings are as they will be different... since you are going to be in there and all.

yeah i know what your talking about, i know would set it to AUTO and it would put the clocks to 1600mhz , i did this and got no problem even though people say it should be done manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom