Go with vista 64 bit, or go with xp home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the the reason I am asking whether I should go with xp home edition or vista home 64-bit edition for an operating system is because of the ram I am purchasing. In some of the reviews for the ram it said that non 64-bit OS's will have only 3 gb of ram detected from the 4 gb of a-data ram.

The reason why I am thinking of getting vista is to eliminate the problem with the ram unless you guys think that there shouldn't be much of a problem. I read that the reason why vista wouldn't do that is because it takes advantage of all of the memory that is available to the system so that non of it is wasted. Then it releases the ram when it is needed. BTW ....some one post a link about this sp thing lol (I'll probably google myself anyway though). As for me having windows, yes I do but I am giving this computer to my mother so I need to buy windows for my new computer.

basically, Vista for DX10 gaming, XP if you don't plan to. If you think ur gonna get Vista anyway in the future, get that now so you don't spend another $100 on an os.

what he said plus
Vista got more eye candy, Like Aero and Dreamscene
Sure Vista got put down a lot
but didn't XP go through that stage too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom