Go with vista 64 bit, or go with xp home - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2007, 08:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Go with vista 64 bit, or go with xp home

Originally Posted by av8706 View Post
Now the the reason I am asking whether I should go with xp home edition or vista home 64-bit edition for an operating system is because of the ram I am purchasing. In some of the reviews for the ram it said that non 64-bit OS's will have only 3 gb of ram detected from the 4 gb of a-data ram.
The reason why I am thinking of getting vista is to eliminate the problem with the ram unless you guys think that there shouldn't be much of a problem. I read that the reason why vista wouldn't do that is because it takes advantage of all of the memory that is available to the system so that non of it is wasted. Then it releases the ram when it is needed. BTW ....some one post a link about this sp thing lol (I'll probably google myself anyway though). As for me having windows, yes I do but I am giving this computer to my mother so I need to buy windows for my new computer.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Resident Nightowl
Default Re: Go with vista 64 bit, or go with xp home

Originally Posted by darksideleader View Post
basically, Vista for DX10 gaming, XP if you don't plan to. If you think ur gonna get Vista anyway in the future, get that now so you don't spend another $100 on an os.
what he said plus
Vista got more eye candy, Like Aero and Dreamscene
Sure Vista got put down a lot
but didn't XP go through that stage too?

Closed Thread