Gived up on the p4 build. doing my 2nd amd pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
I have a little concerned about my processor. I have a new amd athlon xp 1800+ palemenio core cpu coming tomorrow and I don't have a good heatsink fan to keep the cpu cool when it needs to be. it will be at least next wednesday before I buy a heat sink, fan, and thermal grease. If I can get my amd pc to boot, what is the best option to keep it cool from overheating ? in augusta the tempatures should drop low enough due to a cold front thats coming soon to keep the case from getting way to hot, usually it won't because I have a server tower case and keep the top hatch open also how do I apply thermal grease to a AMD cpu without damaging it and my new UWAVE 3 mobo ? I'll be so glad to recycle my temporary P3 mobo to a person who needs it more than I do.

doesn't a stock Amd Athlon HSF come with your Palemino 1800+? if not its not too late to buy one, just no the socket of the mobo and look it up on Newegg. Also if u need some good Thermalpaste, i (and many other people on the forum) highly recommend Arctic Silver 5, its has proven to drop most CPU temperature by 5-8 degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom