a gift for my special someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

infernus

Solid State Member
Im planning to give a gift to my girlfriend who is also fond of pc games. Im planning to have her a simple setup but yet, able to play her favorite games, usually sim games, from low to medium settings. Budget is tight though

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 2.0Ghz Socket 754 512kB cache
ECS nForce3-AL Socket 754 motherboard
1gb DDR400
Inno3d GeForce 6600GT 256MB
400W PSU
17" LG LCD monitor 12ms
any atx casing (pink ^_^)

Will this be able her to play her games (Sims 2, BFME, CSS) in the medium settings at least with no choppy fraps?

What am thinking now is what mobo should i get. Should be this which I wrote above:

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Produc...LanID=9&DetailID=502&DetailName=Specification

-or-

this?

http://global.foxconnchannel.com/Product/motherboard_detail.aspx?ID=en-us0000053

Im looking for the Biostar nf3 version for the mobo but the distro doesnt have it.
Just wonder if ECS will do her good. And one thing that's strange in that Foxconn, the socket is slightly different (it doesn't have the black one) compared to the ECS.

need your feedbacks guys our anniversarry is nearing.

Why are you getting socket 754? Why not 939? You can get a motherboard/cpu deal for around 100$ still.

You should be able to run all those games the way you want.

Thanks for the input guys but please take into consideration, the ones you gave me are high and I don't have that money (right now)

Why 754? I have a spare one already and considering to start a build from that, will save me money. Besides, she's not image conscious like I am which wanted the high end pc like in my sig below. I also have my 2 months old PSU which will be part of her pc and its a 20-pin connector so agp8x is the way. Dont worry, I have a stable seller of agp8x cards so I'll not run out of it.

So the things I will buy are:

ECS nForce3-AL -or- Winfast Foxconn motherboard
1GB DDR400
Inno3D GeForce 6600GT 256MB Agp8x
ASUS DVD-ROM Quiet Track
120GB Seagate Barracuda S-ATA

This is my planned build and be due on Monday. Will she be able to play games smoothly at least in medium settings?

And by the way, I need an input on the motherboard. Will it do fine?. I heard some not so nice reviews in ECS but taking into consideration that my gf is not a hardcore gamer like I am. If I happen to see Redfox Biostar, then I prefer that over those two above.

I have 2 remaining licensces of WinXP Pro so I guess no problems for that. For security, I just make my own suite from free ones:

AVG Free
ZoneAlarm Firewall
Microsoft Windows Defender Beta 2

Im in Philippines so I cant order from either newegg or tigerdirect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom