getting new g/c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good, not sure on the site [company] though, it has a history of bad stuff.
Try looking for the same thing on cclonline or novatech, both UK situated companies + also highly trustable and mega mega good service.
Lastly you have ebay

In what way exactly is Scan a bad site? I've been buying components from then for quite some time, and I've never had any problems. You might be thinking of Ebuyer, with their notoriously bad shipping problem!

If you want, have a look at the fact that CCL Online still charges a 165 pounds for an OEM version of the X2 3800, compared to about 110 to almost all other e-tailers.

No my friend, stick to Scan, Overclockers.co.uk, and even Ebuyer and Komplett if you must.

Anyway, back on topic, might I suggest this, in the same pricerange.

Gainward 512MB 7900GT Golden Sample
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=392228

I'm thinking it will perform better than the X1800.

Scan's customer service is poor, they're prices may be far cheaper but atleast I'm garunteed with ccl or novatech that I can contact their helpline w/o any problems and get a refund when requested. If you're one of the unlucky ones who've ordered an item from scan, and it turned out to be wrong or faulty, you'll be waiting a while for it to be replaced. I personally do not have any first hand experience with scan, but I have various friends who does and their experience with scan isn't pleasant. On topic. The 7900GT looks good aswell, imo that's better

You can only get SLI on a SLI mobo, and Crossfire on a Crossfire mobo. So you could either get the 7900GT, or a different mobo. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom