getting first gaming laptop please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo processor T2450 (2.0 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)
1GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
120GB 5400RPM
256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7400
Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
15.4" WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)
Windows Vista Home Premium
6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support

$730.00

Is that a good gaming laptop? Games like Halo 2, half life 2, Counter Strike Source, ect.

Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo processor T2450 (2.0 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)
1GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
120GB 5400RPM
256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7400
Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
15.4" WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)
Windows Vista Home Premium
6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support

$730.00

Is that a good gaming laptop? Games like Halo 2, half life 2, Counter Strike Source, ect.

u can do better, because halo 2's requirements are 1 gb RAM, might wanna see if u can get one with more ram, everything else is good, but u also need to for one witha better vid card

which is a good video card? ati and nvidia which ones are good? Oh and I think only for CS:S, half life 2, need for speed carbon, ect.

No halo 2 cause when i get that game i will upgrade memory and other stuff.

Buy the Toshiba Satellite 15.4" Widescreen Notebook PC (A215-S4697) and other Notebook Computers at circuitcity.com

Is that laptop good?

I only want to spend between $500.00-650.00.

that video card is worse, but i think that geforce 7400 on ur first one might be fine

ok so i have 1 ? for you then. The nvidia geforce go 7600gt is the same as the nvidia geforce 7600gt 256mb right? the only difference is one is for a laptop and one is for a desktop.

They both have 256mb.

oh and another ?

Does anybody know anything about this company?

::: CyberPower :::

They sell cheap computers and laptops. And I mean cheap.

ok so i have 1 ? for you then. The nvidia geforce go 7600gt is the same as the nvidia geforce 7600gt 256mb right? the only difference is one is for a laptop and one is for a desktop.

They both have 256mb.

oh and another ?

Does anybody know anything about this company?

::: CyberPower :::

They sell cheap computers and laptops. And I mean cheap.

i like cyberpower for laptops, buy from them or ...(Shuddering) Dell...

btw thats a geforce 7400 not 7600

yeah i know dude. I want to know if the geforce go 7600gt 256mb is the same as the geforce 7600gt 256mb for the pc or if its a little weaker since its a laptop.

I would never go buy from dell. So did you buy from cyberpower before? I just want to make sure that they are a good company like they say they are.

Oh and the 8400 mobile geforce is worse then the geforce go 7600gt right?

Two things:

1) This thread should be in the Laptop section in the forum.

2) Gaming laptoops are a waste of money you should just get a ultra desktop Rig and a low performsnce Laptop for the same price and be able to play games on the desktop at very high settings and just do work related things on the Lappy.

The 7600 Go (for laptops) is different than the desktop version but it's concept is the same. It's a powerful midrange card. It also runs circles around the 7400 in gaming performance. It is more expensive depending upon where you buy it from but it's money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom