getting back into gaming... help me upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That RAM is faster, but it's the same price. How does it hold up to overclocking? I've never used G. Skill before. I know Crucial Ballistix overclocks very well.

That RAM is faster, but it's the same price. How does it hold up to overclocking? I've never used G. Skill before. I know Crucial Ballistix overclocks very well.

That's not true anymore (about Crucial Ballistix anyways), most of their chips are now not D9 Micron (which was what made them great) and usually you get a very crappy pair which are usually not even stable at stock.

G-Skill however is becoming a big player in the RAM market (well on the Enthusiast side anyways)

G.Skill and OCZ are both good names when it comes to ram. Their high performance models are pretty good, and OCZ makes (or at least did when i got my ram) mid range ram with Micron D9gmh's.

I can vouch for the G.Skill, been using it for my last two builds after using Corsair in my old old stuff (when it was just budget sticks) and OCZ more recently. Had 4 gigs of 800 running at 1066 stable on a gigabyte UD4P, and now have 8 gigs at 800 due to the AMD memory controller issue. Plus there is still 4 gigs@800 running strong in my last build I sold to a friend. No doa or dead after stress sticks so far... knock on wood =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom