GeForce4 Ti 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartser

Beta member
I have been told by my local computer shop that this card does not work 100% with direct x 9 - is anyone able to confirm this ?

My computer has started to freeze when playing games for a few seconds or more - I wondered if this was a possible cause.

I'm aware my card is a bit old now and will upgrade soon - any advice on best card for approx £100 to £150 - my current system is AMD Athlon XP 2400+, MMX, 3DNow processor, 2.0 GHz, Creative Soundblaster Audigy4 ZS THX 7.1 sound card, Crucial 512MB PC2700 x 2 (1024MB) RAM, DiamondMax 10 300GB 8 mb Cache 7200RPM HDD and above graphics card.

Many thanks for any advice

The GeForce4 Ti 4600 is 100% DirectX 9-compatible, but what the shop probably told you is that the card doesn't support any DirectX 9 features in hardware.

Your freezing issues can probably stem from either your processor or graphics card overheating....... to measure your CPU's temperature, use a hardware monitoring program such as Motherboard Monitor or HMonitor.

If you want to buy a new graphics card, around $150 (and maybe a bit more) will get you a GeForce 6600GT, but you can still get a good old Radeon 9800 Pro for around $130 nowadays. This is assuming that you have an AGP slot on your motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom